You will love this!
The course is more than just canned videos for you to watch. All the study and training resources are 100% campusMVP.Net original. Our experts have created new course contents from scratch. It includes theory, practice videos, code examples and continuous MVP/MCT trainer support to help you progress and answer all your doubts.
Upon completing the course you can download all the theory materials in PDF format so you can use them for future reference. These resources are printable, include navigation and are indexed for search purposes.
- Course access period: 3 months
- Course length: 50 hours (this includes the time needed to learn the theory, view practical videos, make your own examples, investigate further and so on).
- Dedication time needed: 5 hours per week
- Level: beginner-intermediate
- We include a downloadable campusMVP.Net achievement diploma
- One-to-one coaching by expert MVP/MCT trainers to answer questions and doubts throughout the course
If you have any questions or doubts, we are eager to help you. Just ask!
The course covers all approaches to use Entity Framework 5: database first, model first and code first. You will:
- Learn how to query, update, delete and insert data with database first and code first approach
- Understand the API that Entity Framework exposes
- Learn about LINQ to objects, as it is an essential part of .NET, and you must understand LINQ in order to be proficient with querying data using Entity Framework 5.
- Learn the most common data access patterns
- Ensure adequate performance while using Entity Framework 5.
Student profile requirements
Students must have basic previous skills and knowledge on the .NET platform, and basic knowledge on managing databases. High level understating of ADO.NET is very helpful, but not required. Understanding of SQL Server database design and working knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio is helpful.
This course offers all the resources you need to study Entity Framework 5 in depth:
- 3 month access to complete the “Data Access with Entity Framework: Up & Running” course. Study 24×7, practice at your own pace and from wherever you want.
- 3 months of expert coaching and trainer support: the MVP/MCT expert that has developed the course content is the same person available throughout the certification exam training course to answer every single question and doubt you might come up with while completing this training.
- Study methodology: we give insight and advice on how to study this course.
- The right amount of theory needed, just enough and no more :-). This course is designed towards real-world developing skills, with coding examples and exercises. At campusMVP.Net we always balance theory with practice.
- Precise practice videos that go straight to the point to explain the most important features visually.
- Coding examples for you to download and run on your computer.
- Course self-evaluation test.
- Downloadable certificate of completion when passing the final course exam.
Theory maaterial is downloadable in PDF upon completing the course. Once you have passed the course exam you can download these course resources for future reference use: theory, developing tips and expert advice.
Data Platform MVP
Sergey has worked with Microsoft technologies since 1997. As an INETA Mentor for the state of Georgia and an INETA Community Champion, he plays a very active role in the Microsoft community. Sergey has written numerous articles on software development and has presented at a number of conferences and user groups. He is one of the organizers of the Atlanta Code Camp and an active participant in a number of local users groups. Sergey is the author of several Open Source projects on CodePlex.com.
He graduated Magna Cum Laude with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at Georgia State University and also holds the following Microsoft certifications: MCSD, MCPD, MCTS, MCDBA, MCAD, MCP.
You can visit his blog at DotNetSpeak.com or follow him on Twitter.
The contents have been created from a practical point of view. You will find explanatory videos as well as code samples at the end of each module to reaffirm what has been learned. The source code for the examples is available for downloading.
Throughout the duration of the course you will have one of the leading experts within this field available to solve your questions or doubts.
1. Basic Database Concepts
2. What is Entity Framework?
DEMO: Our fist Entity Framework Sample
1. Generating a Model
DEMO: Database First approach in practice
2. Function Import
DEMO: Function Import
DEMO: Concurrency Handling
4. Database First Artifacts
5. Code Generation Strategy
DEMO: Code Generation Strategy
1. Introducing Model First Approach
DEMO: Model First Approach in practice
1. Filtering and ordering
2. Join and From
3. Partitioning and Selecting a single Row
4. Grouping and Aggregation
5. Set Operators
6. Quantifying Operators
7. Summary and Queries
DEMO: Linq in Action
DEMO: Querying Data
2. Using Foreign Keys
3. Inserting Data
DEMO: Inserting Data (Part #1)
DEMO: Inserting Data (Part #2)
4. Updating Data
DEMO: Updating Data
5. Deleting Data
DEMO: Deleting Data
6. Using Entity SQL (eSQL)
7. Executing SQL Statements
8. Working with Data in Database First – Summary
DEMO: Database First Approach Summary
1. Code First Overview
DEMO: Code First Introduction
2. Introduction to Schema Changes
3. Configuring Entities
4. Configuring Primitive Properties
DEMO: Configuring Entities
5. Configuring Relationships
DEMO: One to Many Relationships
DEMO: Many to Many Relationships
6. Complex Types and Explicit Mappings
DEMO: Complex Types
7. Configuring Inheritance Hierarchies
DEMO: Configuring Inheritance Hierarchies
8. Querying Entities
DEMO: Querying Data in Code First
9. Update, Delete, Create Entities
DEMO: Update, Delete, Create Entities
DEMO: Update, Delete, Create Entity Graphs
10. Handling Schema Changes
DEMO: Intro to Migrations
11. Migration Scenarios
DEMO: Migrations for Existing Database
12. DbContext API
13. Working with Stored Procedures and Views
DEMO: Stored Procedures and Views
14. Using DbContext API from Database First or Model First Approach
DEMO: DbContext with Database First
15. Code First Performance
DEMO: Code First Performance
16. New Features in EF 5
DEMO: New Features in EF 5
What others are saying about this course
Even more interesting than the course syllabus is the way the materials are presented. This is where their offering really differentiates itself from the other online trainings I’ve seen until now. The materials consist of three main parts: Theory and basic concepts are explained in text, Videos are used for the more practical aspects – all of them are screencasts with detailed commentary, Accompanying examples can be used to check out the code at your own pace and to use them as a basis for your own exercises”.
All of this makes the course as close to the experience of studying the topic at a university as possible, hence the name of the company”.Damir Arh Data Platform MVP