This online course, created and tutored by Sergey Barskiy (Data Platform MVP), covers all approaches to use Entity Framework 5: database first, model first and code first.
Contents are conceived from a practical point of view. You will find explanatory videos as well as code samples at the end of each module to reinforce what has been learned. The source code and labs of the examples are available for downloading.Throughout the duration of the course, one of the leading experts in this field will be available for you to solve your questions or doubts.
What you’ll learn
The course covers all approaches to use Entity Framework 5: database first, model first and code first. You will:
- Learn how to query, update, delete and insert data with database first and code first approach
- Understand the API that Entity Framework exposes
- Learn about LINQ to objects, as it is an essential part of .NET, and you must understand LINQ in order to be proficient with querying data using Entity Framework 5.
- Learn the most common data access patterns
- Ensure adequate performance while using Entity Framework 5.
Who should do this course
Students must have basic previous skills and knowledge on the .NET platform, and basic knowledge on managing databases. High level understating of ADO.NET is very helpful, but not required. Understanding of SQL Server database design and working knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio is helpful.
- Course access period: 3 months
- Course length: 50 hours (this includes the time needed to learn the theory, view practical videos, make your own examples, investigate further and so on).
- Dedication time needed: 5 hours per week
- Level: beginner-intermediate
- We include a downloadable campusMVP.Net achievement diploma
- One-to-one coaching by expert MVP/MCT trainers to answer questions and doubts throughout the course
- Tablet friendly course
- Cross browser and cross platform course
If you have any questions or doubts, we are eager to help you. Just ask!