An online course created and tutored by Alberto Poblacion, C# MVP.
This course provides most of the knowledge required for preparing Microsoft's 70-513 certification exam: “70-513 TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4″.
Whether you want to prepare the exam or you need to learn new skills for work reasons, when you finish this training you'll become an expert in Windows Communication Foundation.
Contents are conceived from a practical point of view. You will find explanatory videos as well as code samples at the end of each module to reinforce what has been learned. The source code and labs of the examples are available for downloading.Throughout the duration of the course, one of the leading experts in this field will be available for you to solve your questions or doubts.
What you’ll learn
Whether you want to prepare the exam or you need to learn new skills for work reasons, when you finish this training you ll become an expert in Windows Communication Foundation. At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of WCF, regardless of the hosting platform and the type of client that consumes the services.
- Understand additional advanced functionality that may be useful under specific circumstances.
- Take the certification exam, bearing in mind that the topics of said exam are open-ended as mentioned in the introductory chapter of the course.
After passing the official exam, you get an MCTS certification (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) named “MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications”. This certification is also required for obtaining any MCPD certification (Microsoft Certified Professional Developer) on the Framework 4.0. Therefore, any developer who wishes to obtain one of these MCPD certifications (such as MCPD Web Developer, Desktop Developer, or Windows Azure Developer) will need to study for exam 70-513.
Who should do this course
It is assumed that the students know the fundamentals of creating applications in Visual Studio and the .NET platform.
The course material become first reference when searching code examples. The code samples together with video recordings are a good reference. The instructor explains in great detail what he is doing in the video, which is a reassurance that the instructor is proficient in WCF.
- Course access period: 3 months (12 weeks)
- Course length: 60 hours
- Dedication time needed: 5-7 hours per week although this depends greatly on your current skills
- Level: Intermediate-Advanced
- We include a campusMVP.Net achievement diploma
- One-to-one email support by expert MVP/MCT trainers to answer questions and doubts throughout the course
- Tablet friendly course
- Cross browser and cross platform course
If you have any questions or doubts, we are eager to help you. Just ask!